Wednesday, August 2, 2017

2 stunning scrapbook layouts - June Birds of a Feather Kit

Hi, it's Tracy Funk here today with my first ever project for Scraps of Elegance using the June kit, Birds of a Feather.  I used the Main Kit as well as the Floral and Elements add-ons.  The main kit features paper from BoBunny's Serendipity collection.  I think it goes perfectly with this old photo of my husband's grandmother and two of her younger siblings.






I used the back of the Serendipity Treetops paper from the main kit as the background, distressed the edges and glued it onto the striped Life paper.  On the background I did some stenciling with molding paste and misted and splattered with a pink spray.  I then used grey ink with the 49 and Market stamp, "Script Squared", from the kit on the background.




I used the Serendipity Branches paper from the kit for the die-cut frame, layering it over a dark brown copy and offsetting it slightly to accentuate the edges.



The larger flowers are from the Floral Add-on, the chipboard nest from the Elements Add-on and the mini butterflies, die-cut flowers and bird houses from the Main Kit.  The daisies and the lace were from my stash.





"It was the Perfect Day"

Me and my husband with our two boys in 2012

Main Kit

Elements Add-on

Floral Add-on

I started with the beautiful "Flight" paper from BoBunny's Serendipity collection (included in the main kit).  I cut a piece of fishing net from my stash, glued it to the paper and added the die-cuts and photo to the background.  The doily die-cuts were cut from cream cardstock and the brown leaves from kraft paper in my stash.  The rectangular die-cuts were made from the Serendipity "Love" paper while the green leaves were made from BoBunnny's "Delightful" paper from their Aryia's Garden collection (also included in the kit).  I layered the large die-cuts over a dark version, offsetting them slightly to accentuate the edges and traced around the green leaves and along the veins to make them stand out more.

The chipboard border under the photo was from my stash.  I coated it with heavy gesso and then rubbed it with Distress Ink, Mermaid Lagoon which is included in the kit.


I then applied the other embellishments, all from the kit and add-ons.  I particularly liked the little glass bottles that I filled with sand, Prills and some small pebbles.



I finished by adding random blobs of sand-gold structure paste from my stash around the layout and pressed in some iridescent blue bubbles by Queen & Co. from the kit.


Thank you so much for taking a look!



1 comment: